Thursday, February 18, 2016

Coming Soon: Calc Me Sum 2c, version 1.2, part 6, More Calculator, More Fun

[Update, 2/22/16:  It's taken some extra time, but it looks like I could have an updated release built and uploaded today.  I'll announce it when it's live.]

Object-oriented programming is hard until it becomes easy, but getting there is more than half the work sometimes.

If things keep moving at the current pace, I should be uploading a new version of Calc Me Sum 2c as early as today, tomorrow at the latest.  I'm adding conversions now and it took some time to get the design right, but it looks like they'll work well enough to put into Calc Me Sum 2c, as well as a stand-alone application for unit conversions, and a website for unit conversions, too.

The upcoming version of Calc Me Sum 2c will have:

  • More constants:
    • Math constants
    • Electromagnetic Radiation
    • Electron and Atomic Physics
    • Maybe more, like solar system related values
  • Unit conversions
    • There will be a core set of unit conversions in this revision, with more being added with each new updated APK:
      • Length
      • Area
      • Mass
      • Volume
      • Time
      • Temperature
I'm going to release this update of Calc Me Sum 2c with the features listed above and maybe one or two more small updates, then focus on the features I'd listed in my previous announcement - especially equations and editing... and more themes.  I think I'm supposed to have one calculator looking calculator or nobody will take my calculator seriously.  My goal is to keep growing the application as quickly as possible and releasing updates as they're ready.

As I've been working with the application, I've been coming up with features that I'd like to have in a calculator.  I'm going to see what I can develop in hopes that Calc Me Sum 2c and any of my potential future other products become intuitive tools that enable you to work smarter and faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment